When
I first became interested in learning how to play the guitar, just like any
other hobby, activity, etc., I knew it was going to take a lot of my time,
effort, determination, patience, and money. I told my grandmother I wanted a
guitar because I was very interested in learning how to play. I love the sounds
a guitar can make, and I wanted to learn how to play those beautiful sounds and
notes. Then, maybe, I could make up my own notes and sounds. She smiled at me
and told me, “You’ll be grown out of those dreams a year from now.” But I knew
this wasn’t just a silly, childish phase or a dream, it was more, and the desire I had to play
guitar was strong. So, being the independent person I am, I saved up $150
dollars within the next three months. I bought my first guitar
at a pawn shop in Alexandria, Louisiana with my own money I had earned over the
previous three months. I could barely contain my excitement walking back to our
vehicle. I was so proud of myself and ecstatic to finally have my very own guitar
to play! I began taking lessons soon after proving to my family that I was serious about my passion for guitar. Therefore, you should never give up on your dreams and
desires, no matter how big they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment