Friday, October 17, 2014

Class without my teacher

            Have you ever heard the old adage, “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.”? This phrase kept appearing in my mind the day we had class without my teacher. Ms. Guidry, my computer literature teacher, never misses school. She’s a very organized, consistent, and responsible teacher. But we can’t help that certain situations occur in life, so sometimes we have to take a day or two off work, school, and/or our busy schedules. The day Ms. Guidry was absent, our class, in my opinion, felt unorganized, and our assignments were a little confusing. Yes, we had our assignments from Ms. Guidry posted, but our substitute teacher said otherwise. Therefore, we weren’t sure what to do. I went ahead and did the assignments Ms. Guidry had posted to her blog for us to read because I knew this was a first-hand account written by her. Another reason I went ahead and did the posted assignments was because I took into consideration that maybe our substitute misunderstand Ms. Guidry’s assignments for us. Over all, I never realized just how important Ms. Guidry is to our class until the day we had class without our teacher. Now, I am very grateful for the time and effort she puts into her job to better educate her students, because we are lost in class without her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment